Here are some highlights of the recent work:
- Soon, we will have completed floors throughout the building! The old buckled wooden flooring system was removed from the first and fourth floors. The demolition contractor is quickly making his way to floors two and three.
- The roofing contractor is installing the new roof during the dry periods of this winter.
- Masonry restoration is ongoing on the south side of the
building. The old paint has been stripped throughout the building. Walls and
ceilings are being primed to protect the until final painting later in the spring.
- Impressively, the original boiler from 1921 has been dismantled and removed. The boiler was nearly 30 feet high and included an abundance of pipes and bricks. It has been cut apart and removed making way for what will be our new gym space.
- Finalizing the design plans and materials
- Creating the FF&E (furniture, fixture, and equipment) plans